Backend Software Engineer (Golang)
El Segundo CA 90245 US
7 days ago
Backend Software Engineer
El Segundo, CA
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees, and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
Nexon's Platform team aspires to provide successful Account, Commerce, and Launcher services to all Nexon games.
As a Backend Engineer, you will collaborate with Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and our Infrastructure team to create and support Platform's backend features. Moreover, you will be involved with Nexon's platform that uses cloud-based servers to distribute online PC games at a global scale.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and develop backend API and software for platform services
- Improve and automate tests and deployment systems
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve platform capabilities
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure highest code quality
- Prioritize and deliver projects under deadlines
Your background includes:
- 3+ years' engineering experience
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with the following languages and technologies: Golang, AWS, Kubernetes, Microservice Architectures
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Online game industry experience
- Good understanding of Microservice architecture
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Test automation is a big plus
Nexon's Benefits & Perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.