This job might no longer be available.
Backend/Server Programmer (R&D)
4 days ago
Do you want to be part of creating systems which will enable players to share unique experiences in our games? We are now looking for a Backend / Server Programmer to join our expanding Online team, working on an unannounced project.
Cloud tech has levelled the playing field for online games, and our vision is to go above and beyond to create amazing online experiences. Your focus as a Backend / Server Programmer will be on bleeding edge online tech, and you will work on iterations primarily in C++, but with the opportunity to develop and maintain cloud microservices as well.
As we work in cross-functional teams within the project, you will be interacting with people from many other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
Your main mission
- Follow briefs and direction to identify and define technical solutions for bleeding edge online features
- Ensure that new features and systems meet high performance requirements and match the project’s C++ code style
- Analyze and solve bugs
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Contribute to planning sessions and code reviews with your peers
- You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the project's network and online services, and the related tools that are used for its development
What You’ll Bring as Experience:
- Professional experience working with cloud service providers such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge and interest in DevOps, focused on automation and containerization
- Have a good understanding and professional experience of working with modern C++, including package management, refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in profiling and low-level optimizations
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, (RESTful) web services, microservices approach
What you’ll bring as a Colleague:
- You have a genuine interest in creating scalable online systems that can serve millions of players
- You are comfortable with working in an international environment, have great communication skills in English
- You collaborate and communicate constructively in a friendly work environment
- You seek improvement constantly (take initiatives, challenge yourself)
- You are creative
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.