Montreal QC ca
3 days ago
Behaviour is looking for a talented backend developer (Node.js), who will bring their expertise and rigour to our team at the core of many challenging projects. The chosen candidate will have the responsibility of actively participating in a central team that needs to constantly deliver great code quality that will be used by millions of players around the world.
• Develop new server features and maintain existing code base;
• Write the specifications before undertaking the development of new features;
• Diagnose and solve problems to improve code robustness;
• Work closely with other programmers to provide gaming server-compliant services;
• Develop and perform functional and load testing;
• Optimize the code, considering that the live and online status of the game.
• Experience and knowledge of the REST and WebSocket communication protocol.
• Work experience (development and deployment) with web services technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure;
• In-depth experience and knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other);
• Extensive experience and knowledge of data modelling with a focus on performance and maintenance;
• Experience in load testing with distributed load generators.
• Development experience in a Linux environment;
• Web application development experience with React and/or Angular;
• Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (networks, CPU, memory, IO);
• Server/client development experience, including security and network traffic management.
We are Behaviour Interactive, a passionate and talented Montreal-based company of game makers who create top-tier interactive experiences on all leading platforms. We work with the world’s most renowned brands and develop our own, including the award-winning Dead by Daylight. We have a passion for development and commitment to allowing creativity to thrive that always puts our players first. We constantly strive to challenge convention through innovation in design, technology, live operations, and visual styling.
With 25 successful years of being a proudly independent Canadian company, we continue to treat our staff with respect and continually foster a working environment that allows everyone to shine. We offer a great work-life balance, constant opportunities for growth and a fun and dynamic atmosphere.
We are seeking top talent to join our collaborative adventure. Join us to fulfil the needs of players everywhere, work on cutting-edge tech, and create the best interactive experiences that the world has yet to see.