Backend Programmer [Unannounced Project]
8 days ago
Cloud tech has levelled the playing field for online games, and most games include a heavy dose of online tech. We intend to reach beyond and focus on creating amazing online experiences. Come along!
We are looking for a Backend Programmer for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As one of our Backend Programmers, you will join our Online team where you will create systems that will enable our players to share one-of-a-kind experiences in our games. Your focus in the role will be on bleeding edge online tech, having the opportunity to work in iterations and explore what Rust and Go can bring to the table. As we work in cross-functional teams within the project, you will be interacting with people from many other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things when required, to navigate through known pitfalls and care for your craft by honouring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Online team and report to our Online Technical Director. You will work closely with him and two other programmers in the team, as well as with the rest of the tech craft and other disciplines to fully enhance the features and prototypes that goes into our project. We celebrate a curious mind that is backed by experience and aim to provide an inspiring workplace with friendly coworkers.
In this role you will...
- Follow brief and direction to identify and define technical solutions for bleeding edge online features.
- Ensure new features and systems meet minimum requirements and matches project’s code style.
- Analyze and solve bugs identified by people from other crafts, development testers or you and your peers.
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
- Contribute to planning sessions and code reviews with your peers.
We would love if you...
- have experience working with class-leading infrastructure and off-the-shelf services.
- are interested in DevOps and what benefits automation and containerization bring to the table.
- have good understanding of C/C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- have experience in profiling and low-level optimizations.
- have a genuine interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry.
- are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours!
Read more about us at: https://careers.ubisoftstockholm.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.