Backend Programmer, Node.js - Business Solutions
Montreal QC ca
5 days ago
What will you do ?
- Develop new server functionalities and maintain existing code base
- Write specifications prior to new feature development
- Diagnose and resolve problems to improve robustness
- Collaborate closely with other programmers to provide services for the API
- Develop and perform functional and load testing
- Optimize code, with consideration to the live & online aspect of the API
- Perform routing code review for team members
- Previous experience working with Amazon Web Service technologies: EC2, RDS, Dynamo, S3, Elasticache
- Experience developing Application servers using Apache
- Developed high throughput application servers using Node.js and/or JAVA
- Have strong relational and non relational database experience (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis or other)
- Have strong data modeling experience with focus on performance and maintenance
- Experience with load testing and with distributed load generators
Would be great assets to have :
- RESTful API development experience
- Development experience in a Unix environment
- Experienced in TCP and UPD networking and creating highly reliable, scalable distributed server systems
- Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (network, CPU, memory, IO)
- Experience with client / server development including security and network traffic management
- Experience using ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ or other messaging systems
- Use of Hadoop, Thrift, MapReduce and/or RESTful APIs
Toutes vos informations resteront confidentielles conformément aux directives de l'EEO.
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour Interactive is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
At Business Solutions, we increase our clients' results and efficiency by developing products harnessing the power of Game Design Thinking and gamification. We use some of the video game attributes to create engaging digital products for consumers or to promote employee engagement. We work with some of the biggest brands in Canada and the world.