Backend Network Programmer
5 days ago
The Backend Network Programmer is responsible for implementing backend services for gameplay features.
A Backend Network Programmer is expected to co-operate with other teams to find solutions and know when to seek help from more senior developers. The role will report to either the Lead or Director of the programming team.
As a Backend Network Programmer, you should have experience in developing complex, game-related backend services and actively seek to learn more about innovations within the game industry.
We would consider candidates looking for remote work for this position.
- Maintain and further develop parts of existing backend services.
- Support other teams (both code and non-code) to understand and properly use the backend system of the game.
- Identify and fix bugs, and debug complex service issues.
- Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks as independently as possible.
- Understand thoroughly how the backend systems are designed and connected to each other.
- Communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
- Proactively look for optimizations and how the system could work more efficiently.
- Escalate critical issues to higher levels when needed.
- Strong C++ and Python programming skills.
- Good awareness of micro and monolith services.
- Experience with different debugging methods and tools.
- Capable of reading and understanding complex source code.
- Understanding of database concepts.
- Understanding of distributed systems and multithreading concepts.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.