10 days ago
Volley develops voice-controlled games and lifestyle apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We're a 30-person team based in San Francisco.
We've created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
-- Song Quiz
- a name-that-tune music trivia game
-- Volley FM
- a personalized morning news service for Alexa
Volley is seeking an experienced back-end engineer to own the APIs and microservices that power our voice & mobile game experiences. This person will have broad authority to create and implement clean, multiplatform APIs; and will also be deeply involved in ongoing discussions regarding the adoption & creation of new technologies at Volley.
The products you support will be deployed to a wide variety of devices, including smart speakers, smart TVs, and smartphones. Our standard stack is AWS Lambda + Typescript, along with Dynamo, Redis, and occasionally ECS. You are also welcome to pitch us on Kubernetes :-)
At Volley you will:
- Power products that reach millions of active users
- Create well-designed APIs that are consumed by all sorts of platforms
- Empower our product developers to deliver features quickly and effectively
- Work on best-in-class voice-controlled products that are social, engaging, and fun to play
Things you may have done before:
- Architected, implemented, and documented multiplatform APIs
- Managed Automation & Deployment
- Contributed to open source frameworks
- Operated in environments with fast development-cycles focused on rapid product iteration
- Been part of a high performing engineering team
- Experience with modern NodeJS and/or Typescript or other strongly typed languages
- Deep Experience with one of the major cloud ecosystems, and preferably serverless technologies
- Opinions about testing and documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our software stack:
- AWS (Lambda, ECS, Dynamo)
- Serverless Framework
- Github Actions
- Alexa Skills Kit
- Google Actions SDK
We're currently all working remotely on Zoom. In the next 6-12 months we hope to return to our beautiful office in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. In the meantime, we have amazing remote Happy Hours and team game nights, and a VERY active cooking channel in Slack. Join us!
If this sounds like fun, get in touch!