Backend Engineer (Game)
4 months ago
Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our game backend team.
As a Backend Engineer, you will design systems to handle a large number of players in a fault tolerant way. You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for backend systems design. You will be joining a team that is building one of the newest universal entertainment titles for Kabam.
You will be working with a diverse set of professionals from very knowledgeable programmers to talented artists and storytellers
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop backend systems (Web client and Server-side logic) (design, architect, implement, document, test, and support)
- Collaborate with game designers and other engineers to develop LiveOps tools and game features
- Be responsible for ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as they arise
- Work toward scalability and reliability of our games
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert in software engineering with back-end/server-side technologies
- Strong web development experience
- Strong database experience (any RDBMS)
- You have worked on a RESTful API system
- Experience in working in a mixed team environment of engineers and non-engineering professionals
- Good experience working with source control
- Able to effectively communicate and translate between general ideas and technical practices
It will be a plus if you also have:
- Experience dealing with scalability and performance optimization
- Experience in C#, Node.js, C++
- Experience in Unity3D, PostgreSQL, and Redis
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in professional game production
- Experience working with Google Cloud / AWS
- An active Github profile
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.