12 days ago
IllFonic is looking for a Backend Engineer to develop game database systems, load-balanced micro-services servicing a myriad of platforms. Responsibilities include provisioning hardware on cloud services, developing micro-service software to interface with databases, monitoring provisioned hardware, and developing tools for monitoring and maintaining them. The job requires a good understanding of SQL/NoSQL databases, AWS or similar, Linux, source control, and some experience with automating cloud deployments and source control. Also, it helps to have experience with Amazon Aurora/DynamoDB or JWT, but not required.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Lakewood, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Arcadegeddon, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Design, develop and maintain backend microservices and toolsProvision SQL and NoSQL databases
- Perform system and network application load testing, to identify bottlenecks
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience with Bash, Go and Python
- Experience with AWS, Load balancing
- Experience with Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Debian/Ubuntu)
- Experience with CI and source control
- Experience automating public cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, OpenShift)
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as its required
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with Amazon Aurora or DynamoDB
- Experience with service registry and discovery (Consule, etcd)
- Experience with JWT