This job might no longer be available.
Helsinki FIN Finland
7 months ago
In this role at Epic, you'll be at the center of game services that power player experiences for all products around the globe. From design, implementation, and deployment you'll be able to shape the services and features that drive the future of our products. We are looking for an experienced Engineer to work on highly scalable backend with the passion for innovative technology and competitive games.
- Ensure the utilization of latest technology to build high performance, high availability back-end services and web applications
- Performance improvement and security hardening of back-end services and infrastructure
- Design, implement, and iterate on scalable, secure, highly-available, backend services
- Provide input into the product road map, including milestone schedules and deliverables
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in cutting edge technology
- Handle live operational issues on services and platform
- Maintain excellent code quality
- Strong knowledge of Java or Scala and its ecosystem
- 5+ years building online backend systems
- Experiencing designing resilient systems with monitoring/troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience with Unix flavored O/S
- Experience in a continuous integration, continuous delivery environment
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing backend applications that are secure, scalable, highly available and performant
- Experience with database systems - both relational and NoSQL database
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS
This is going to be Epic!