This job might no longer be available.
Backend Engineer, SyncSketch
8 days ago
SyncSketch is a real-time collaboration platform for creatives. Our tools give film & game studios, creative agencies, and students the ability to iterate rapidly on their projects, by delivering an intuitive review environment.
We are seeking a Backend Engineer to join our growing team at Unity. In this role, you’ll be tackling development initiatives at the heart of our product, building out sophisticated solutions that improve communications day-to-day for creative teams.
The person we are looking for has a history of building out maintainable web applications, specifically with experience in backend development.
Working closely with product managers and our operations team, it will be your job to dive into the implementation details of product features and APIs using Django, Celery, SQL, Docker, AWS, and Airflow. We’re looking for someone who can differentiate between which technologies we should adopt and which we should build. You have experience researching, selecting, and implementing 3rd party libraries and services across multiple projects.
At Unity, we recognize that diversity in backgrounds & experience makes our team stronger. Even if you do not meet all of the listed qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and share how your experience would be a great match for this role.
If helping creatives around the world deliver the next generation of content is a challenge that inspires you, then let’s talk!
What you’ll be doing
- Contributing to the development of the SyncSketch platform, by taking product specifications and implementing them as secure and performant backend services
- Continuously improving the code base by offering thoughtful code reviews to other developers and by writing automated tests
- Improving and expanding upon our API functionality, ensuring that clients can feel confident integrating their internal production systems with SyncSketch
- Collaborating with the operations team to determine infrastructure requirements needed to support the features you are building
What we’re looking for
- Expert-level knowledge of web application and service infrastructure
- Experience accurately translating architectural designs into performant backend systems
- Someone who knows and cares about staying up-to-date with standard methodologies in their areas of expertise
- Deep understanding of Python, Django and AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- An understanding of efficient SQL database usage
You might also have
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment, and automated testing
- Experience with conversion pipelines for media on the web
- Familiarity with AWS EC2, S3, RDS, and CloudFront
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.