Backend Engineer (Rust) - Creative Play
10 days ago
As a Backend Engineer in the Platform Team at Embark you will be an enabler, creating crucial building blocks for current and future state of the art games.
You will build backend systems for one of Embarks upcoming creative games; participating in the whole tech stack, from databases and service layers, down to the game engine integrations. Even though you’re a backend engineer you’ll be invited to participate in various parts of our game development process.
We’re not only building the underyling service frameworks that our vision relies on, we are also in close collaboration with other teams building the tools that makes us move forward on a daily basis. We are all software developers with deep knowledge and a grand passion for Rust development.
A day at Embark will entail building services based on existing open source crates, as well as our own in-house framework and libraries. You will likely work in many of our open source crates and probably participate in other open source projects not built inside Embark. Our defined vision is to contribute to the Rust community while learning from it.
In this role, your responsibility would not not only be within backend & infrastructure development, but can include data, telemetry, and machine learning - all glued together in the heart of creative play.
Example of Responsibilities
- Invent next generation of game backend systems which will power the future of Embark's games
- Participate in planning/roadmap-making and technical decisions for our platform
- Produce and review high quality code for future games
- Interact between teams and domains to ensure we follow best practices
We would love if you have
- A passion for enabling other game makers to create
- Solid Rust development skills
- Extended Backend development experience
- Jumped between domains - you want to learn more about a lot
- A solid experience of cloud infrastructure and build and deployment tools such as kubernetes and docker
- Professional English communication skills.
If you have worked with cyber security in open source environments that's a big plus!
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."
Psst! Have you seen the Fullstack Infrastructure Engineer role? Similar, but yet different.