This job might no longer be available.
Backend Engineer, Reporting
9 days ago
Volley develops voice-controlled games and lifestyle apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We're a 30-person team based in San Francisco.
We've created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
-- Song Quiz
- a name-that-tune music trivia game
-- Volley FM
- a personalized morning news service for Alexa
The RAD (Reporting and Data) team at Volley builds scalable infrastructure to support our reporting and analytics requirements across a wide variety of products and workflows. Our services unlock product engineers to continue making excellent and innovative voice content for our business. In this role, you'll get to work with well-known industry partners as you help build up Volley's reporting and content infrastructure.
The infrastructure you build will be used by a wide variety of our products across the voice, mobile, and web spaces. Our stack for backend services are AWS Lambda + Typescript, along with Dynamo, Redis, and occasionally ECS. You are also welcome to pitch us on the ELK stack:^)
At Volley you will:
- Create the tools and infrastructure to ensure accurate reporting of data to Volley partners
- Create well-designed APIs that are consumed by all sorts of platforms
- Interact with engineers all across Volley in matters of reporting
- Communicate with key executives and make accurate information available
Things you may have done before:
- Architected, implemented, and documented multiplatform APIs
- Worked with DDEX or other music industry technical standards
- Built content management or reporting systems
- Operated in environments with fast development-cycles focused on rapid product iteration
- Been part of a high performing engineering team
- Experience with modern NodeJS and/or Typescript
- Experience with SQL and/or no-SQL technologies
- Deep experience with one of the major cloud ecosystems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our software stack:
- AWS (Lambda, ECS, Dynamo, etc.)
- Github Actions
We're currently all working remotely on Zoom. In the next 6-12 months we hope to return to our beautiful office in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. In the meantime, we have amazing remote Happy Hours and team game nights, and a VERY active cooking channel in Slack. Join us!
If this sounds like fun, get in touch!