Backend Engineer Internship - EOS Game Services
4 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games EOS Game Services Backend team is looking for a smart, creative Backend Programmer Intern to join them in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Epic Online Services enable developers to launch, operate, and scale great games with the same services Epic uses for its own games, plus many additional services developed for the worldwide gaming community. Epic Online Services are available in a single SDK, for free. The EOS Game Services Backend team is responsible for creating new & enhancing existing service offerings as well as operating them at scale.
As an intern, you are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Working closely with the Online Game Services Backend team by architecting, developing, and maintaining shared online backend technology.
- Contributing to backend systems used by live Epic and Third Party titles.
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges from initial concept to final shipped code.
- Computer Science degree or related discipline.
- Analytical thought process and strong problem-solving skills desired.
- Demonstrable proficiency in object oriented programing - Java or Scala preferred.
- Backend development experience required.
- Knowledge and interest in networking, distributed systems, REST, and back-end services
- Familiarity with Public Cloud Infrastructure Components (AWS, Azure, others)
- Interest in online multiplayer games or games as a service
- Evidence of programming work in a student or internship environment.
- We want to see examples of your code and ability to develop online features and tools.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. F or more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.