13 days ago
Come and join the team responsible for developing the online game backend infrastructure - where scalability and reliability are at the heart of your work. You can help us solve complex concurrency and performance issues, while developing cutting edge technology to better serve our players, from real-time online play, to leaderboards and friend management systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience as a backend engineer. The number of years is not essential as long as you are capable of showing us your experience during the interview process;
- Experience in Java language and desire to learn Kotlin;
- Experience with Spring technology (Spring-boot, Spring-Data, testing; unit and integration);
- Experience in Rest API with spring-boot;
- Object Oriented design skills;
- Experience with RDBMS design principles (MySQL, MariaDB etc);
- Experience with legacy code and troubleshooting legacy applications;
- Curious mind, self-starter, autonomous, love to learn new things;
- To be a natural team player;
- Proficient in understanding French is a must, bi-lingual French/English will be a plus.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with spring-cloud libraries and concepts;
- Experience with non-relational databases: Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc;
- Experience with message brokers: RabbitMQ, Kafka, ActiveMQ, etc;
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud environments and deployment;
- Experience with Kubernetes and docker;
- Experience with Reactive programming;
- Experience with test-containers.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!