13 days ago
Cash Live is a live-streamed, free-to-enter poker game show on mobile that features fast, daily live-streamed hosted tournaments where players compete for real-money prizes.
We’re seeking a backend developer with a mix of programming and DevOps experience. You'll create microservices and maintain the services’ lifecycles on Kubernetes clusters in cloud infrastructures. A background in live-streaming technologies; multiplayer mobile games; and/or online casino games are very welcome but not required.
We’re looking to fill this role ASAP! Please apply now so you don’t miss out on this interesting opportunity!
- Design and implement readable and testable microservice codebases by following test-driven development (TDD) best practices.
- Manage Kubernetes clusters that host the microservices.
- Manage cloud infrastructures containing the Kubernetes clusters using Terraform.
- Assist in resolving technical issues that may appear during live shows.
- Communicate and work effectively with the Cash Live team.
- B.S. in Computer Science.
- Experienced designing and implementing microservices using languages like C, C++, C#, Go, Kotlin, Java, Python, Rust, etc (4+ years). (We’ve standardized on Go, but we’re ready for you to translate your existing programming skills to Go on-the-job.)
- Experienced with at least one cloud provider: AWS, Azure, or GCP. (We’re primarily using Azure, but as with Go, we’re ready for you to translate your AWS and/or GCP skills into Azure on-the-job.)
- Experienced designing, implementing, and using REST+JSON APIs.
- Experienced with relational databases and their SQL query languages, especially as a datastore for backend services. (We’re using PostgreSQL.)
- Packaged server applications in Docker containers.
- Managed Kubernetes clusters in cloud environments.
- Managed cloud infrastructure with Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Skilled with cloud networking and security.
- Skilled at applying TDD practices in developing software.
- Skilled at operating Linux with the command-line.
- Comfortable with Git and Git hosting services like GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.
- Background with internet-based live-streaming technologies.
- Background in multiplayer mobile games.
- Background in online casino gaming.
- Designed, implemented, and used gRPC-based unary and streaming APIs.
- Integrated Redis as a key-value store for backend services.
- Ran software development teams using Agile methodologies.
- Mentored junior team members.
- Downtown Vancouver, BC
- Remote During COVID
About Cash Live:
Backed by Yellow, Snap Inc.'s Accelerator Program, Cash Live Entertainment Inc. is one of Vancouver's exciting new tech start-ups founded by a top-ranked Canadian professional poker player and a mobile gaming veteran.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com