Backend Developer - TypeScript [Ubisoft Connect] (f/m/d)
14 days ago
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative products we are looking for a Backend Developer - TypeScript [Ubisoft Connect] (f/m/d)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, Germany.
As part of the production team, you will be involved in the implementation of features and components throughout the full spectrum of backend development using TypeScript.
You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, designers and testers where everyone is willing to share their knowledge and are encouraged to evolve every day. The team spans across several countries and is characterized by passion, collaboration and the love for PC gaming.
What you will do:
- Write clear, modular and maintainable code.
- Work on the server backend of Ubisoft Connect. This covers topics such as: game data distribution, network architecture, database management, game related data management, server monitoring, API integrations.
- Be part of an agile team and do the technical design and implementation / improvements of new features.
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code.
- Building highly scalable services with low latency.
You as a person:
We believe to succeed in this role you are a result focused person, who is passionate about developing platform software for games with millions of users. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
What you bring:
- Excellent skills in TypeScript
- Knowledge in at least one of following: Backend Services, Network Architecture, Microservices, node.js
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience with common testing frameworks (e.g., Jest)
- Knowledge of C++, C#, .NET Core or databases is a bonus.
Also nice to have:
- Network Security
- AWS & Cloud Technologies
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further Information about Ubisoft Connect: https://news.ubisoft.com/en-gb/article/5WaWQWz9l9qWkIU4tm04ip/how-ubisoft-connect-builds-on-a-decade-of-online-evolution
For further information about Ubisoft Düsseldorf, please also check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.