This job might no longer be available.
Backend Developer, GraphQL
14 days ago
The Unity Live Platform team builds technology that enables Unity to bring our whole ecosystem of tools and services to our Unity users where they need them - by gathering functionality from separate services into a single, easy to use GraphQL API. Our mission is to reduce complexity and cognitive load for teams building user-facing experiences for Unity developers, by developing and operating a world-class internal platform. The results of this work touch everyone who uses Unity.
As a Backend Developer on the Live Platform team, you will both integrate existing features and build new features for the Unity Live Platform GraphQL API. The Live Platform team works in a cross-functional, data-driven, and pioneering spirit. You will be a trusted contributor taking part in shaping both the daily work and the bigger picture direction.
- Exposing existing Unity services such as Unity Learn, Asset Store, Unity ID, and 3rd party services using GraphQL with Node.js, and Typescript
- Master the SDL as a design tool to collaborate with all the stakeholders involved, create new functionality, enrich existing features, and solve and support the needs of teams building user-facing features
- Pro-actively working to improve the Developer Experience with the Live Platform GraphQL API
- Developer skills with distributed online services and APIs deployed and operated at scale on modern cloud infrastructure
- Understanding of modern dev-ops discipline and tools, you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud provider services like GCP and AWS
- Knowledge of the Unity ecosystem and/or development with Unity
- Experience working in distributed teams or projects
- You have integrated a GraphQL service in a modern client-side application
- Knowledge of software design patterns and principles, knowing how to use them and when they are appropriate to apply
- Experience with API architecture and implementation in a larger organization or ecosystem
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.