Backend Developer - Casual Games
11 days ago
Voodoo is a tech company focused on creating mobile apps for a wide audience.
Our goal is to entertain the world with snackable content and gaming apps!
Leader in the mobile gaming market, we are the n°1 company with the most monthly downloads worldwide on the App Store.
Based on our principles and values, you will have the chance to join a small, independent, and helpful team.
You will have full ownership of your role allowing you to be unique and continuously strive for excellence to deliver innovative and creative projects.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a good understanding of the mobile game market and an expertise on back end game developing. You will ensure everything runs, is scalable and solid on the back end scope (the architecture, the data structure, the online saves, the in app purchase, etc.)
You will work on our upcoming, fun and highly scalable mobile games, played by millions of people.
You will be part of a small and high performing team, and will have the opportunity to grow your skills while delivering great mobile games.
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Design & build mission-critical backend applications in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced environment
- Take full ownership of your work, bringing creativity and helpfulness to the workplace every day
- Think big and consistently deliver innovation while solving complex problems
- Bring bleeding edge technology into varied problem domains as a member of a high-performing, self-organizing team
- Proficient knowledge of a widely used back-end programming language
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions (AWS, CDN, Firebase, GoogleCloud)
- Be able to decide on the best tools suitable for features requested.
- Setting up backend infrastructure (servers, database, platforms, backups).
- Build RESTful APIs
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Integrate with third party services and APIs
- Experience working at different stages of production: Prototyping, LiveOps, Maintenance.
- Has worked on “games as service”
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- You speak and write English
- Experience with C# and Unity
- Sockets (real-time multiplayer, UDP protocol)
- Familiarity with Server-side AI platforms & protocols