Back-End Web Developer (Mobile)
8 days ago
As a Back-End Web Developer at Ubi MTL, you’ll join our 1492 Studio team to help build the server-side of a new installment of the Is it Love? mobile game franchise.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, focusing on coding, debugging, and optimizing.
- Work closely with front-end developers and interdependent teams across our studios.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Design and integrate data storage solutions & maintain server infrastructure.
- Deploy the game application on iOS and Android + adapt it to new platforms.
What you bring
- Around 3 years of web or mobile development experience or related experience
- Knowledge of server infrastructure; cloud providers; Android and iOS development tools; bug tracking software (e.g. Jira); and source control software
- Automated testing and database experience
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A collaborative spirit
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills + plenty of flexibility
- Curiosity and a willingness to continue learning (new tools, new techniques – anything to develop best practices and bring about innovative ideas)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A bit about 1492 Studio & Is it Love?
Ubisoft recently acquired 1492 Studio, a leading creator of free-to-play episodic and interactive stories on mobile. Founded in 2014 in France, 1492 Studio developed the successful Is it Love? franchise, a series of interactive romance dramas in which players influence the course of a story based on their choices. With six instalments released, the series has a highly engaged community and counts more than 20 million downloads to date. To tackle the North American market, expand its mobile catalogue, and become a key player in the growing episodic narrative-driven game genre, the 1492 Studio team is growing and setting up in Montreal.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.