Back-End Programmer (Technology Group)
6 days ago
Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
You will also be working with the Technology Group. TG provides tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
Who you are
As a Back-End Programmer, you will join a team within the TG: the content pipeline.
In this role on the content pipeline team, you’ll modernize the way artists work across the studio.
You’ll be responsible for building an ecosystem of products that facilitate the tasks of content creators: crafting internal tools that allow them to manipulate, track, archive, share, and reuse assets.
You’ll participate in the entire development cycle of their products, focusing on coding, debugging, and integrating machine learning solutions. You believe in our studio’s core values and want to be part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with product managers and specialists to grasp the needs of artists on production teams;
- Research, develop, and implement machine learning solutions in partnership with our R&D department, La Forge;
- Integrate machine learning solutions;
- Collaborate with programmers and tool support specialists to resolve bugs;
- Share and discuss innovations and learnings with your fellow peers in the tools community;
- Follow the latest trends and techniques in machine learning to drive innovation in our products.
What you bring
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we look for more than work experience, education or training alone. You have experience, but more importantly, a deep passion to build and create.
We want to hear from people with:
- Mastery of .NET, ASP.NET Core, and C#;
- In-depth knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and Gitlab;
- Expertise in REST API design;
- Machine learning skills that allow you to integrate and adapt machine learning models;
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent training);
- Experience in application debugging, profiling, and optimization;
- Proactivity and curiosity;
- A collaborative and innovative spirit;
- Excellent analytical and French and English communication skills;
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.