Back End Developer, Player Support
11 days ago
Job Title:Back End Developer, Player Support
Job Title: Back-end Developer, Player Support
Reporting To: Manager, Player Engagement
Department: Player Support
Location: El Segundo, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Activision Player Support is seeking a full-time Back-end Developer to develop and manage infrastructure that supports back-end applications to drive custom tooling and front-end automation. The Back-end Developer will take on an integral role in growing our intradepartmental development team alongside our various interdepartmental studio teams. Design and develop highly scalable, highly available and highly reliable technology solutions that handles hundreds of thousands of requests per second. Focus of responsibilities will be development with usability, maintainability, and quality building for the long term.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop custom tools and scripts leveraging our interdepartmental studio back-end core services to resolve player issues 1:1 and at mass.
- Design and build back-end systems that will allow web automation to identify player issues to deflect traffic or provide automated resolutions.
- Responsible for design, development, and integration of Micro Services.
- Experience working with third party services and APIs.
- Participate in functional specification, design, and code reviews.
- Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment.
- Participate in project planning sessions with internal and external team members to analyze development requirements and provide a breakdown of work estimates.
- Identify and influence opportunities for process and tool improvements
- Maintain and understand best practices to implement back-end solutions for long-term scalability.
- Align with cloud governance standards and security requirements.
- BS/BA Degree in related and/or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in Java 11, Maven 3.0, Spring Framework/Spring Boot or Java EE/J2EE.
- Experience in developing application Micro Services architecture using Spring Boot and Java 11.
- Experience with distributed microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of modern development practices using Git or other source control solutions.
- Successful in Agile - KANBAN, SCRUM, test driven development, prototype development and waterfall software development methodologies.
- Experience in cloud services using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Expertise in a SQL/RDBMS technology such as Google Cloud SQL, MySQL, or Postgres. Including schema design, triggers, and procedures.
- Hands on experience with NoSQL Cassandra, MongoDB, or HBase.
- Experience packaging apps with Docker (Kubernates for container services).
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins.
- Basic networking knowledge (routes, security groups, firewall rules).
- Understanding of web protocols and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work independently with minimal oversight while delivering outstanding results.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
- Hands on experience with Kafka livestreaming, map-and reduce, and ETL.
- Knowledge of video games and the video game industry is a huge plus.
- Have a strong grasp of storytelling through information design.
- Able to speak not just passionately about your work but also plainly to those who are inexperienced.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.