Back-End Developer – Engineering and Platform
California City CA us
17 days ago
Ubisoft is looking for individual contributors with strong backgrounds in Development, Site-Reliability Engineering, and/or DevOps who are passionate about designing and implementing web applications all while setting ambitious goals and taking up complex challenges.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Engineering and Platform team which is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way.
We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
From a software service standpoint, our focus is currently on authentication, authorization, API Gateway, Secret Manager, SDK, service mesh, and database – with much more to come.
- Design and develop micro-services, large scale web services and APIs for an engineering platform (PaaS – Platform-as-a-Service) while using modern best practices in software development;
- Produce clean, efficient code based on a straightforward development process aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality;
- Work alongside Ops team to ensure the support of developed applications in all environments;
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions;
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design all while creating technical documentation with an emphasis on quality driven deliverables;
- Enhance build and development tooling and improve things like CI/CD pipelines
- Write unit and integration tests;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development and general web fields;
- Work closely with teammates in design, code, and test-plan reviews to help build robust software and foster knowledge sharing.
As part of this team, the stack you’ll be able to touch includes: OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, Python, Flask, Go, Terraform, AWS, OPA, GitLabCI;
A bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
Relevant experience and skills:
- Solid experience in software engineering/development;
- Experience in Web development (REST, gRPC, etc.);
- Experience in Agile Development / SCRUM;
- Experience of CI/CD pipeline (GitLab CI, Spinnaker, etc.);
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes;
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP);
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment;
- Comfortable communicating in distributed teams;
- English is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.