Back End Developer - Elixir
London England United Kingdom
4 months ago
The Square Enix Online Development team is on the lookout for a talented Back End Developer with significant Ruby/Elixir development experience. Working as an integral part of the Back end team you will provide the business with user and player related services in a diverse and dynamic environment.
The Back End team manages single sign-on across all our websites and games, links our users to their identities on other platforms and integrates with a number of other internal services and sources of data. It provides all the required tools like CMS, internal and external APIs with attention to security. As a key member of this team you will contribute to the ongoing development of these services.
The successful candidate will need strong, commercially proven experience developing APIs following proven patterns and coding styles and will be expected to work as part of an agile team maintaining the operation of the different platforms and building out new features. They will also be expected to participate in architectural design and planning, as well as contributing to the ongoing documentation of the project and providing support for the other teams using the platform.
If this role feels like a good fit and you are seeking a position in a dynamic and fast paced development environment we would love to hear from you.
- Developing and maintaining essential systems, providing new ideas to improve and expand the current setup.
- API management and design with support from other stakeholders for continued efficient running of our services.
- Ongoing technical management, in conjunction with other internal stakeholders, of Online development projects.
- Functional requirement gathering and documentation.
Online Development team: Senior Online Operations Manager, Online Development Director.
IT team: Infrastructure Design Manager, Web Infrastructure Manager.
Development studios: Live Game Managers, Producers.
Manager - Technical Architecture
Knowledge and Experience
Online application development experience in a creative, data driven industry.
Professional experience in the following areas:
- Developing web applications using any major/modern language
- RESTful APIs design and implementation
- Authentication systems and protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0, SSO, ...)
- Microservices Architecture
- Source control and version management systems (Git)
- Relational and NoSQL database design and operation
- Development within a Linux environment
- Past experience with Erlang/Elixir or Ruby.
- Solid code quality principles (test coverage, design patterns, …)
- Experience with CI/CD flows
- Understanding of server and networking infrastructure.
- Application development and management in cloud environments such as Amazon AWS or Google Cloud.
- Web or online application development experience in some segment of the videogames industry.
- Development experience in an online commercial environment.
- Exposure to different technologies
- Advanced database design and operation including experience with NoSQL and KV stores
- Knowledge of the common web development technologies (html/css/js)
- Being curious and willing to learn/experiment with different approaches, methodologies, architectures and technologies
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Team player.
- Proven ability to manage technical projects with competing demands from different stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Interested in video games
- Active interest in latest web technologies
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.