Build Verification Tester
14 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life. An app of this size and complexity needs constant testing. That's where you come in!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Spend the bulk of your time in Rec Room, using a variety of traditional screen-based devices and VR headsets. You will become a deep expert on all things Rec Room!
- Work closely with the other Rec Room QA to test our new features, and our pre-ship builds
- Work closely with the entire Rec Room team to understand and validate quality during the development of new features
- Ensure that bug database is always up-to-date with high-quality bug reports and test passes
- You will be a bug hunter, puzzling out why a particular issue is happening to give our Developers the best chance for timely fix success
- A background in video games, professional or recreational
- Ability to write high-quality repro steps
- A methodical and detail-oriented work style
- Excellent ability to solve problems, critically think, and apply logic in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to onboard and work from our Seattle office
- Experience testing multiplayer video games
- Experience testing cross-platform games
- Experience with Azure DevOps [Boards] or similar bug tracking tool
- Familiar with online communities in the games space (i.e. Steam, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, specific game forums, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unity/Unreal game engine (even as a hobbyist, just know your way around the UI)
- Experience with VR devices generally
- Experience with user generated content (UGC) games
- Experience or interest in game development
- Experience with Rec Room specifically!!
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.