BOC Operator, Global Broadcast (Temp)
12 days ago
Job Title:BOC Operator, Global Broadcast (Temp)
The BOC Operator is key player in our Broadcast ecosystem. They are part of a team responsible for transmission of all global Blizzard broadcasts from source to distribution as well as management of systems that feed the workflow. They will be working with many internal teams here at Blizzard to ensure resilient streams. The ideal candidate would be self-sufficient and organized person. They should have a critical eye and be very detailed oriented. This person should have a well-rounded experience, being able to coordinate and manage flows as well as have a high-level understanding of the underlying technologies.
- Coordinate outbound and inbound transmissions
- Manage Transmission in the BOC
- Help Develop and support workflows and troubleshooting guides
- Enterprise level of knowledge of localization
- Support team members with escalated incidence.
- Coordinate with various Broadcast facilities, ENG Trucks, Earth Stations and in-house staff on all transmission & receive related technical issues.
- Document processes and create project milestones
- Coordinate with BOC and transmission team
- Monitor network and broadcast system health.
- Troubleshoot network and transmission issues
- Monitor broadcasts for quality and issues
- Coordinate with internal Esports, IT, Events and Business teams and other internal Blizzard teams.
- Manage hardware inventory and status
- 4+ Years industry experience
- Experience in a transmission environment
- Experience working with Satellite, Fiber and IP technologies
- Specifically, their use in Transmission workflows
- An understanding of Video/Audio compression codecs
- Transport methods for backhaul and web distribution
- Firm understanding of online video workflows and lifecycles
- Familiar with major enterprise encoders
- Experience with large scale broadcast i.e. Super Bowl, World Series or similar
- Familiar with consumer encoding software
- Familiar with major distribution platforms
- Night/Weekend Work will be required
- Travel will be required
- Linux experience is a plus
- JIRA experience is a plus
- Passionate video gamer and geek is a plus
- Love for Esports is a plus
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences