BI Engineering Manager
14 days ago
Are you passionate about leveraging data, automating products, and developing and enabling high-performing teammates in a collaborative environment? Come join us in fueling and shaping the future of entertainment as part of Prime Gaming (PGBI)!
Prime Gaming is an Amazon Prime benefit offering members tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite games, a library of free games, and more... plus all the benefits of Prime!
A day in the life
· Lead the team supporting double-digit program growth by providing data to drive business decisions.
· Amplify the team's impact via roadmapping and resourcing timely, accurate, scalable, and actionable insights.
· Work closely with product, engineering, and senior leadership on key BI and Science initiatives (e.g. partner enablement, customer recommendations, experimentation).
· Partner with product and technical stakeholders on business and tech requirements and measuring product and feature outcomes.
About the hiring group
PGBI is a critical component of the Science, BI, and Fraud Prevention Teams within Prime Gaming.
PGBI is comprised of a BI Manager, Data Engineers, BIEs, and a Business Analyst. We deliver automated weekly and monthly operational reporting, host dozens of business dashboards, and power self-serve analytics. Next up: leveraging our operational foundation and partnerships to level-up programmatic insights and expand into scientific recommendations and experimentation!
· You will own cross-functional projects including product definition, roadmap and resource planning, and project execution.
· You will work closely with business and technical leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define and resource technical products.
· You will manage all aspects of BI projects from project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation and updates.
· You will be a technical problem solver, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving constraints through collaboration and sound judgment.
· You will be responsible for making impact and prioritization decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining strategic focus.
· You will hire and develop the best teammates, mentoring technical and soft-skills while helping them achieve their goals and potential.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics or any other related fields.
· 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering
· 5+ years in Business Intelligence; proficient in providing architectural guidance and clear direction throughout the project lifecycle.
· 4+ years of experience in direct management, preferably BI engineering.
· 3+ years of technical project management experience taking a product through its complete lifecycle using agile methodologies and delivering highly scalable and robust system.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical discipline.
· 2+ years of experience working with AWS Compute, Database, Storage, Analytics products.
· Experience working in business orgs, communicating effectively with business owners and senior leadership, while handling multiple competing tech priorities.
· Business vision and fundamental knowledge on the business management functional areas (MBA is a plus).
· Knowledge of different Machine Learning techniques.
· Technology background, especially in a service-oriented environment with a deep understanding of systems and data products.