5 days ago
Joining us as a BI Developer, you’ll be part of Ubisoft’s IT department, more specifically to the Enterprise Data department. Our team is internationally located, in Bucharest, Paris, Montréal and San Francisco, and is in charge of delivering BI solutions to CRM, customer support and data analytics teams.
The BI development team design and develop solutions using ETL and DataWarehouse tools, in direct collaboration with the technical lead, the business analysts and the architects. As a BI Developer, you will be part of the team in charge of the Player and Customer Management scope of the Enterprise Data Platform (EDP), which represents huge volumes of data. EDP is moving from using a combination of Hadoop and Teradata to Snowflake for both its data lake and data warehouse.
What you’ll do
- Understand the business needs and participate in the technical conception;
- Design, develop, test and maintain ETL jobs and related data warehouse models/object/systems;
- Automate data processing and implement qualitative monitoring;
- Actively participate in post-production support (troubleshooting, optimization…);
- Ensure documentation is produced for all development deliverables;
- Make proposals on how to improve and sustain existing pipelines;
- Collaborate with other developers, architects and business analysts, as well as Agile roles such as product owners and scrum master;
- Actively participate in the knowledge transfer of support tasks.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience as a Data Specialist or an ETL developer in a BI / Data ecosystem, with a specific expertise in ETL development, working with high volumes of data (if possible, with Informatica);
- Good knowledge of data warehousing, preferably with Teradata and SnowFlake;
- Capacity to optimize complex SQL queries (use of indexes, analysis of partitions);
- Knowledge of any cloud data warehouse, cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure) and Hadoop stack (HDFS, Hive, Spark) as well as other big data technologies is a plus;
- Knowledge of best practices in data engineering, source code management and DevOps (Gitlab, Docker…) is a plus;
- Motivated mindset willing to learn/experiment with new technologies, and who demonstrates taking initiative and problem-solving skills, while working in a collaborative environment where customer satisfaction is at the heart of what we do;
- Bilingual French et English is required both orally and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.