Montreal QC ca
1 day ago
The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of processes (scripts writing or automatic mappings design) to extract, transform, clean, and move data and metadata so they can be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart, or operational data store. He will be also in charge of the implementation of analytics reports using the available BI tools.
The main and routine functions of the BI Developer are to:
- Work with business requirements analyst to identify and understand source data systems;
- Be watchful to the appropriateness of the business needs to technical best practices;
- Map source system data to data warehouse models;
- Develop and test extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes;
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes;
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements;
- Write technical documentations that will allow a better follow up of the system contents and developments made;
- Be aware of technical best practices (regular researches and studies on support websites, ask for relevant trainings...);
- Carry out all other related task.
- Propose and implement technical enhancements and best practices (e.g. performance, metadata automation, R&D etc.)
Bachelor’s formation in IT.
3-5 years relevant experience in BI projects.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and metadata skills
- Good organizational and structure skills
- Sense of initiative
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- Understanding of source and target data structures, ETL processes, and products
- Knowledge of 3GL/4GL programming languages and ETL products
- Strong experience with relational SQL databases: Teradata, SQL Server etc.
- Experience with big data sources: Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with scripting languages: Python
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic en
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
The Enterprise Data department is seeking a BI Developer who can bring their expertise to life in our dynamic team of gaming & tech enthusiasts. If you are bold, driven and unafraid of pushing boundaries, we want you on our team.