14 days ago
Job Title - BI Developer
Reports Into - Lead Data Analyst
Location - Hybrid/ Bangalore
Applications Closing Date - 25/09/23
A Little Bit About Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multi-platform game developers and publishers, with well over 1 billion downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join Scathe, Die by the Blade, Robobeat, Space Chef and Wildmender.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer, you will be responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining Kwalee’s automated reporting. You will play a key role in the development of a unified set of dashboards which aid decision making across the company. From performance marketing, to game design and app store optimisation. Your dashboards impact everyone at Kwalee.
Your Team Mates
The Data Science team is central in developing the technology behind the growth and monetisation of our games. We are a cross functional team that consists of analysts, engineers and data scientists, and work closely with the larger engineering team to deliver products spanning our modern, cloud first, tech stack.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Developing highly effective and reliable dashboards for all customers across the organisation.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand the business’s needs and translating them into actionable insights.
- Supporting the design, optimisation and management of data pipelines, to promote the functionality to data ‘self serve’.
- Providing training and support on BI tools to stakeholders to encourage successful adoption and usage.
Your Hard Skills
- Competent at developing optimised and easy to navigate dashboards using BI technologies such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI and other data visualisation platforms.
- Experience in managing and prioritising stakeholders requests and translating them into efficient BI solutions.
- Experience in manipulating and analysing large and complex data.
- Good knowledge of operating and building SQL databases.
- Strong communicator with cross-functional teams and non-technical stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of Python, ideally working on large projects would be a plus.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.