This job might no longer be available.
BI Developer (Hadoop)
Montreal QC ca
4 months ago
The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of processes (scripts writing or automatic mappings design) to extract, transform, clean, and move data and metadata so they can be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart, or operational data store. He will be also in charge of the implementation of analytics reports using the available BI tools.
The main and routine functions of the BI Developer are to:
- Work with business requirements analyst to identify and understand source data systems;
- Be watchful to the appropriateness of the business needs to technical best practices;
- Map source system data to data warehouse models;
- Develop and test extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes;
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes;
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements;
- Write technical documentations that will allow a better follow up of the system contents and developments made;
- Be aware of technical best practices (regular researches and studies on support websites, ask for relevant trainings...);
- Carry out all other related task.
- Bachelor’s formation in IT.
- More than 3 years’ relevant experience in BI projects.
- More than 3 years on designing and developing datawarehouse solutions on :
- Database engine : Hive, Teradata, Presto, SQL server, Informatica, NiFi
- ETL Tools: Informatica or SSIS or IBM Datastage or other major ETL solutions.
- Experience in developing ETL processes with data from various sources: NoSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Online contents, Hadoop.
- Agile methodology knowledge is an asset.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and metadata skills
- Good organizational and structure skills
- Sense of initiative
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Java, and/or other big data technologies, an asset
- Experience with data quality process implementation
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy or Tableau
- Experience on business analysis
- Experience on Airflow, an asset