This job might no longer be available.
BI Developer – ETL Data Warehousing
10 days ago
As a BI developer, as part of an Agile team, you’ll work on a project aiming to help our quality control teams monitor productivity and stability of our games to ensure we meet our delivery objectives. You will also help the Enterprise Data team to implement its new platform using cloud technologies, namely Snowflake.
You will be responsible for all developments of the BI chain, from data integration using our internal ETL tool Teradata utilities and Python to the reporting under Microstrategy or Tableau.
- Work with the Business Analyst to identify and understand business needs and then translate them into technical solutions;
- Model the decision-making process in collaboration with the data modellers;
- Design and test the ETL processes from the data lake;
- Build the necessary semantic layers and reports using Microstrategy;
- Prepare the deliverables to the different production environments and participate in the functional validation by providing technical support to the users;
- Write the technical documentation that will allow improving the contents follow-up and the evolution of the system;
- Be active in the developer community by monitoring technology and participating in R&D projects.
Training and experience
- University degree in Information Technology;
- Minimum 3 years experience working with business intelligence projects;
- Minimum 3 years experience or more in the modelling and development phases of data warehouse solutions;
- Experience with Informatica or SSIS or IBM Datastage or other major solutions tools;
- Minimum 1 year of development experience with Python.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse Snowflake (SaaS);
- Experience in ETL flow development with various data sources: NoSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Online contents;
- Knowledge of Hadoop technologies namely HDFS, Hive, or Spark, and/or other big data technologies;
- Experience with reporting or data visualization tools such as Microstrategy or Tableau;
- Knowledge of the cloud environment using AWS, GCP, or Azure is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Airflow workflow management tool is a strong asset;
- Experience in best practices in data engineering and software development, and DevOps is an asset;
- Solid problem-solving skills as well as demonstrated responsibility and capacity to work autonomously, prioritizing and organizing your own work;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.