BI Developer (Data Warehouse)
Montreal QC ca
5 days ago
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time BI Developer (Data Warehouse) specialized in designing and developing Data Warehouse solutions. The future colleague will be responsible for the implementation of processes to extract, transform, clean, and move data and so they can be loaded into the Customer data warehouse. They would have to become quickly autonomous and cover by himself / herself the technical project developments related to the data warehouse: technologies involving Informatica, Teradata, and data lake (Hadoop).
The main and routine functions of the BI Developer are to:
- Develop, test and migrate extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes;
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes;
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements;
- Map source system data to data warehouse models;
- Work with business requirements analyst to identify and understand source data systems through data profiling;
- Responsible for maintenance and support of batches and data quality indicators, and resolve any batch or data quality issues within the business required SLA;
- Write technical documentations that will allow a better follow up of the system contents and developments made;
- Be aware of technical best practices (regular researches and studies on support websites, ask for relevant trainings...);
- Carry out all other related task.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 1-3 years experience in developing ETL processes using:
ETL tools: Informatica PowerCenter (preferred), IBM Datastage, Talend, or other major ETL tools.
Working with data from various sources: database engines such Teradata (preferred), SQL Server, or other, Hadoop ecosystem , Online contents
- 1-3 years experience working on a data warehouse with a solid understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Experience with Hadoop and/or other big data technologies is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Linux Shell scripting (.sh), Python, or other programming language, is a plus
- Good PL/SQL skills
- Strong data warehousing concepts
- Great analytical skills and is accountable for his/her actions;
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people;
- Good organizational and structure skills
- Knowledge of Hadoop and/or other big data technologies
- Experience with tuning and optimization of ETL processes and database queries;
- Experience with data quality processes, an asset
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy or Tableau, an asset
- Fluent English is required, French an asset
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.