This job might no longer be available.
BI Developer (Data Warehouse)
Montreal QC ca
4 months ago
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time senior BI Developer (Data Warehouse) specialized in designing and developing Data Warehouse solutions.
The future colleague would have to become quickly autonomous and cover by himself / herself the technical project developments related to our Sales reporting solution: technologies involving Informatica, Teradata and MicroStrategy.
He/she will work also with our business contacts, technical representatives of our external partners and the support team. Note that this position requires to travel abroad occasionally.
The main and routine functions of the BI Developer (Data Warehouse) are to:
- Work with business requirements analyst to identify and understand source data systems;
- Be watchful to the appropriateness of the business needs to technical best practices;
- Map source system data to data warehouse models;
- Participate in architectural and model decisions during the design and build phases of new projects;
- Develop and test extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes;
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes;
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements;
- Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of the databases;
- Write technical documentations that will allow a better follow up of the system contents and developments made;
- Be aware of technical best practices (regular researches and studies on support websites, ask for relevant trainings...);
- Carry out all other related task.
Bachelor’s formation in IT or proven experience on BI.
- More than 5 years of experience on:
- Designing and developing Data Warehouse solutions on any major database engine – TERADATA or SQL Server or Oracle, etc.
- Writing SQL code to support ETL processes on any major RDBMS – TERADATA or SQL Server or Oracle, etc.
- Working experience with ETL tools: Informatica PowerCenter or SSIS or IBM Datastage or Abinitio or other major ETL tools.
- Experience in developing ETL processes with data from various sources: Hadoop ecosystem, SQL Server, Oracle, Online contents
- Experience on Hadoop technologies;
- Agile methodology knowledge is an asset;
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter;
- Experience on Microsoft SQL Server DataWarehouse and Integration Services;
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects XI, Cognos, Tableau;
- Experience with scripting languages - Linux Shell scripting (.sh), Python; Experience with Apache Airflow;
- Experience on business analysis.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal);
- Great analytical skills and is accountable for his/her actions;
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people;
- Ability to autonomously lead and implement a requirement from end-to-end;
- Has sense of humor, positive approach, works well within a team and offers and is able to receive constructive feedback;
- Is keen to be involved with new technologies and standards to change;
- Is available to travel abroad occasionally.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.