BI (Business Intelligence) Developer
14 days ago
Joining a diverse and passionate team, this role offers a fantastic opportunity for career growth through working on some of the biggest IPs and introducing them to the mobile market. The BI Developer will collaborate with the analysts regarding game telemetry specifications and providing autonomy to the non-technical users to be able to explore data by themselves for simple to medium complexity questions.
We need a collaborative candidate who is used to working with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment, taking ownership of their remit and taking opportunities to fuse plans and teams together.
Our team is still small but growing rapidly – this role would suit a candidate who enjoys improving processes, working collaboratively and developing strong connections with teammates. Our lean environment means we enjoy being transparent with each other, spending time playing games together and looking after one another.
- Specify the needs of the BI solutions based on different stakeholders
- Collaborate with the analysts regarding the systems and games telemetry specifications of the Square Enix London Mobile Publishing team
- Implement standardized BI solutions such as ELTs, dashboards, data warehouses, reports and models used by production, marketing and executive teams
- Design, monitor and maintain the models and data pipelines
- Optimize the performance of data pipelines in terms of time and cost
- Write and maintain the technical documentation properly
- Participate in the data quality assurance process in collaboration with the Square Enix London Mobile Publishing QA team
- Coach the analytics team in London regarding best practices of analytical script development
- Participate in the continuous improvement of processes within BI core team
- Perform any other related tasks
Product Management, Engineering, Analytics.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive amount of experience in the field of mobile gaming or related field
- Master in at least one database system such as Google Big Query, Snowflake, Redshift or similar
- SQL and Python mastery
- Experience with the Looker platform needed
- Experience with Google's cloud environment needed
- Concrete application in DataOps concepts
- Knowledge of dbt and Gitlab tools
- Experience with Power BI or Tableau is a plus
- Experience with Looker ML is a plus
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Able to present key concepts related to BI to different stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Rigorous and precise
- Focused on operational impact, resourceful and able to take the initiative
- Being able to adapt in an environment where priorities can change regularly
- Humbleness and team player
- Real passion and interest in mobile games and data analytics.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Understanding of key challenges in our industry. Passion for the video game industry