BD Senior Associate, Growth Strategy
11 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for an experienced Senior Associate to provide analysis and insights to help identify and drive forward company growth initiatives. This person will drive projects including but not limited to: international expansion, new verticals, new content and pricing. You will use a data-driven storytelling approach to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders. A successful candidate will be a team player, possess exceptional quantitative skills and be a strategic, structured thinker.
What You Will Do :
- Drive highly visible strategic projects to support business expansion, revenue model innovation and vertical exploration - this will include competitive intelligence, industry analysis, and market dynamics and trends
- Build buy-in and inspire others cross-functionally (marketing, content, product, operations, etc.) and help bring key growth initiatives to market
- Communicate effectively to all levels and functions, by persuasively utilizing fact-based analysis
- Minimum 4 years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, engineering, or mathematics preferred
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Experience in a leading management consulting firm, strategy or comparable analytics-heavy environment is strongly preferred
- Being a strong team player is critical to succeed in this role
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .