Automation Tools Programmer
7 days ago
...in this critical infrastructure role as an Automation Tools Programmer is to design and implement powerful, intuitive, and technically robust workflows that support greater developer velocity through automation and allow us to build large-scale, complex games faster and better . Though your code may not be visible to players within game, the work you do to automate repetitive tests and implement an effective CI/CD pipeline will make our game developers’ lives much easier and have a significant impact on the stability and build quality of our studios' first titles at launch.
You will join our tight-knit team in Edmonton, and collaborate as part of our games infrastructure team to support the local studio. Behind every strong development team, there’s a strong infrastructure team - and your work on this team will have a direct impact on the efficacy and efficiency of our international team's development practices and our final release.
Areas for Impact
- Ensure the stability of the game through the development of automated testing frameworks.
- Integrate testing efforts and tools with CI/CD.
- Build and deploy software assemblies.
- Leverage game analytics including performance data like frame rate (fps) and stability via telemetry, QA systems, benchmark tests, and other sources to inform decision making and optimize automation systems.
- Break down the development of the system into a number of manageable tasks.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Strong knowledge of automation.
- Experience working with Perforce and Git source control systems.
- Experience with crash reporting systems.
- Excellent communication, for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine automation tools (preferred).
- Passionate about games or the gaming industry (preferred).
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.