Automation Engineer - Planet Franchise
10 days ago
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous , Planet Coaster , Jurassic World Evolution , Planet Zoo and F1 Manager . Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the Role
We are seeking a new addition to the growing Test Automation Engineering Team! As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to support the different game teams at Frontier, through the research, design and development of Automated Tests and support systems.
- Working closely with the project teams to identify areas of the development and test process which can be supported with automated systems
- Develop an automated testing strategy which helps support the work of our QA and development teams
- Design, develop and maintain an automation framework which supports improved testing and development across the game projects
- Identify gaps and opportunity to improve test capability to ensure coverage efficiency
- Review existing manual test cases and provide feedback on suitability for automation
- Passion for gaming and a desire to help create great games
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders from different teams across the company
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management to support the goals of each project
- Willingness to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines and skill ranges
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to receive constructive feedback in order to strive for continuous improvement
- Good at managing competing demands for your time
- Able to work with the team to support yourself and others in high pressure situations
Qualifications, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Knowledge of the QA testing process and Automated Testing practices
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- A degree in Computer Science or Computing, or equivalent
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Lua/Python
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably SVN or Perforce)
Qualifications, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
- Knowledge of C++, C# or Java
- Experience in QA Testing processes
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment systems such as TeamCity, Buildbot or Jenkins
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.