Audio Tech Programmer [Snowdrop] (f/m/d)
6 days ago
Working on our Snowdrop™ team, your primary focus will be developing, maintaining and supporting the Audio engine and tools core for our in-house Snowdrop engine. As a Snowdrop programmer you will be part of a friendly team developing and maintaining a variety of systems and tools.
In the Snowdrop Engine, Audio is highly integrated in the content creation tools: this lets us have instant feedback in game and allows constant iteration and easy prototyping with our Node Graph system.
You will be expected to:
- Support multiple teams around the world in their usage of our Audio technology
- Advise, review and help making tech reusable for multiple projects
- Work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop™ and its various titles to an even higher standard.
- Work in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools.
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing systems and tools
- Develop Snowdrop as a shared and complex ecosystem for videogames creation
- Contribute to the long term strategy for Snowdrop development
- Support multiple teams around the world with knowledge and practical help.
- Improve documentation and samples
- 3+ years of professional C++ programming experience in the video game industry (experience with PS4 and XBOX One is beneficial)
- Familiarity or willingness to learn other languages typically used for tools (C#, python, etc)
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Tools, workflow and engine development insight
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
- Experienced working with multithreading development
- Automated testing knowledge beneficial
- Experience with Wwise and localization beneficial
You as a person
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games, an eye to long term tech development, and you will most likely describe yourself as creative, hard-working, result oriented and cooperative.
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We are offering highly motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Avatar", "Far Cry", “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly quality and innovative game-play we are looking for an Audio Tech Programmer (f/m/d). This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany)