Audio Quality Assurance Tester
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Audio Quality Assurance Tester
At Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
San Diego, CA
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConneX. The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary. The duration of the assignment cannot exceed 24 months.
This is an entry level role and great for a recent grad!
Game Testers at PlayStation are responsible for finding and replicating bugs/glitches and accurately reporting them to the developers. We are specifically looking for someone to fill a role within our expanding Audio Testing Team. The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven gamer and an audio-centric person who aspires to help the Development Team work to make the best sounding game possible. We are looking for individuals that are analytical thinkers, problem solvers, have excellent management and organizational skills, and want to contribute their talents to the Audio Teams within Studios to help craft an exceptional entertainment experience.
Quality Assurance is a great way to get into the Gaming Industry and possibly grow into other positions/fields.
The Audio QA Tester is expected to support the PSS QA department in all areas including:
- Executing test plans on pre-release versions of software, including VR testing
- Assessing product functionality against official SIE quality standards
- Research and documenting product defects and violations
- Logging issues for development team review in concise written report formats
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure quality and accuracy in audio for games and functionality
- Utilize audio knowledge to provide feedback that will help to improve the title for the peak experience of the end user
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A strong passion for and knowledge of audio within video games
- Ability to to play/test on VR software for extended periods of time
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?)
- Basic to intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality
- Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
- Flexible schedule
- An understanding of how audio functions within a video game and ability to critically think of audio issues to relay to the Development Team
- 1+ years of previous QA experience in a related field
- 4 year college degree
- Background in audio (college degree, previous field work knowledge, or just a passion for audio within video games)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.