Stockholm 111 56 SE
5 days ago
Are you passionate about making great games and delivering immersive player experiences? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for an Audio Engineer to join our team in Stockholm, Sweden and liaison within our team in France.
As Audio Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering, audio and design disciplines to strategize, define and develop audio solutions which push creativity in the delivery of unforgettable gameplay within the Payday franchise.
You will be involved at every stage of the process, from early inception through to implementation. This is truly a once in a career opportunity!
- Build and maintain cutting-edge audio technology to deliver immersive gameplay experiences;
- Design, implement, and debug audio systems for AAA game development (such as occlusion, streaming, performance, and so on);
- Collaborate to develop solutions which allow audio designers to realize their artistic & aural goals;
- Act as a liaison for audio design, advocating for engine and technology solutions that advance audio, across all products;
- Establish best-practices for technical audio workflows and ensure their application across the studio;
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines.
- At least 3 years of game industry experience, preferably with 2+ years in similar role;
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. C++, C#, Lua, etc.);
- Exceptional knowledge of Wwise integration and strong competence with Unreal Blueprints;
- Strong understanding of advanced mathematical concepts and digital signal processing;
- Passionate about the player experience and committed to a cross-discipline and playtest-driven development environment;
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
Good to Have:
- Multiplayer shooter combat and gameplay design experience;
- Experience developing networked game architectures on multiple platforms (Windows, PS4, Xbox One);
- Ability to think logically and break down complex problems, with a strong focus on the details.
To Be Successful in this position you are:
- As fanatical about ambiance and soundscapes as you are about the tools and technology used in their creation.
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and cover letter to be considered.