16 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar audio programming team is responsible for the technology that powers the audio and music in our games.
- We’re committed to creating incredibly immersive interactive audio, pushing the sonic boundaries of what’s possible in our medium.
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary audio team to design and implement cutting edge interactive/procedural audio systems.
- Work closely with audio designers to implement SFX into the game world.
- Work with Rockstar’s audio technology team to develop world-class audio middleware.
- Work alongside the core programming team to manage the audio system’s performance and feature set.
- Scheduling and tracking of their own work, and coordinating their work with other members of the audio team.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5+ years of professional C++ programming experience.
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- In-depth knowledge of digital audio concepts, data formats, tools and processes.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Strong object-oriented design.
- Understanding of technical limitations and trade-offs, and an interest in exploring the potential of new audio technology to creatively solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within our large interdisciplinary team.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of modern audio middleware such as Wwise or FMOD.
- Experience with real-time signal processing (DSP) and synthesis/procedural audio.
- Familiarity with 3D audio spatialization concepts including ambisonics and HRTFs.
- Interest and knowledge in acoustic simulation.
- Experience working on highly multi-threaded software.
- Experience working as an Audio Programmer on PC or console games development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.