Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
14 days ago
ApplyAt Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Audio Programmer who possesses a passion for innovative procedural audio in games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar audio programming team is responsible for the technology that powers the audio and music in our games.
- We’re committed to creating incredibly immersive interactive audio, pushing the sonic boundaries of what’s possible in our medium.
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary audio team to design and implement cutting edge interactive/procedural audio systems.
- Work closely with audio designers to implement SFX into the game world.
- Work with Rockstar’s audio technology team to develop world-class audio middleware.
- Work alongside the core programming team to manage the audio system’s performance and feature set.
- Scheduling and tracking of their own work, and coordinating their work with other members of the audio team.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong maths skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- In-depth knowledge of digital audio concepts, data formats, tools and processes.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Strong object-oriented design.
- Understanding of technical limitations and trade-offs, and an interest in exploring the potential of new audio technology to creatively solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within our large interdisciplinary team.
PLUSESPlease note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of modern audio middleware such as Wwise or FMOD.
- Experience with real-time signal processing (DSP) and synthesis/procedural audio.
- Familiarity with 3D audio spatialization concepts including ambisonics and HRTFs.
- Interest and knowledge in acoustic simulation.
- Experience working on highly multi-threaded software.
- Experience working as an Audio Programmer on PC or console games development.
HOW TO APPLYPlease apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.