This job might no longer be available.
Audio Programmer [Tom Clancy's The Division 2]
Malmö Skåne County se
11 months ago
You will work closely with audio designers to design, create and maintain systems and tools in Snowdrop, our in-house developed engine. This will involve audio code at every level, from gameplay-specific audio features, to real-time asset management, right down to low-level DSP processors. Since our scope is so broad, we need a team whose combined skillset is just a broad, and so we are always interested in how we can enrich this with people who have different areas of interest.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Driving the development of the Snowdrop audio-tools & systems, in collaboration with the audio team
- Maintaining the current tools & systems in a workable state
- Being responsible for all audio tech issues that might arise, and find the most efficient solutions to fix them
You as a person
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games and breathtaking immersion. To be a good fit for this position would you most likely describe yourself as creative, hard-working, result focused and cooperative.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- Education background in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Audio technology, Musical Computation, Game Development, or a related discipline to any of those areas.
- 2+ years’ professional experience as an Audio Programmer working in C++
- Professional experience of releasing video games and/or audio-related software
- Work experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise and DSP plug-in programming
- Work experience with a multi-threaded code-base
- An understanding of sound propagation
- It’s a plus if you have development experience with PS4/XboxOne/PC with a focus on code performance and optimization techniques
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.