Audio Programmer [Black Budget]
28 days ago
We are KRAFTON – a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world.
Since the release of our flagship title – PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS – in 2017, it has become one of the highest selling video games of all time with over 70 million copies sold.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, with regional KRAFTON offices located across the globe.
Our Amsterdam Office is KRAFTON’s EMEA Headquarters which covers the Europe, Middle East & Africa, and the CIS regions, with teams dedicated to Publishing, Esports, Content, Communications and General Operations. These teams support all local offices and development studios in our region.
Onsite, our Amsterdam Office also houses PUBG Studios which is busy with the development of an exciting new IP, currently known as Project “Black Budget”.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Programmer with an innovative, problem-solving mindset and high attention to detail. In this position, your skills will be essential to the realization of our audio experience. You will be working with an ambitious team of other audio specialists and collaborate with other departments as you create, support and extend our audio features and systems on our brand-new IP.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop audio features from concept to release in C++ for UE5.
- Collaborate with the audio and tech teams to establish, refine, and optimize audio features.
- Research, document and develop (Next-Gen) audio solutions.
- Support the Audio Team, and others with knowledge and practical help.
- Contribute to maintenance of systems and pipeline.
We are ideally looking for:
- Several years experience with C/C++ programming in the game industry.
- Experience with developing audio systems and features.
- Knowledge of audio engineering, signal processing and principles of sound.
- Familiar with the creative side of sound and game audio.
- Experience working with game engines (preferably UE4 and UE5)
- Familiar with Wwise SDK.
- Excellent communication & documentation skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Following is a plus
- A degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Has successfully shipped at least one PC title (TPP or shooter)
- Experience with console development.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- Lunch allowance and a range of snacks & drinks
- Health and Wellness allowance
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
More about our Amsterdam office…
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Zuid area, a buzzing business hub in the southern part of the city.
Close to our office you can find a broad choice of cuisine – such as the iconic Market 33 Food Hall, offering vibrant social settings.
Also, nearby is one of the main public transportation hubs – Amsterdam Zuid train, metro, tram & bus station, bringing the city’s highlights close, be it one of the many museums, canals, parks, or culinary experiences you are interested in.
Likewise, our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse atmosphere – being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 40 different nationalities, and we are still expanding our team!
We welcome all applications!
We are proud to have such a multicultural environment and we strive to create a safe, inclusive, and harmonious atmosphere for everyone to thrive in. We invite applications from all genders, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, and ages.
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience, then apply right away!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.