System Era is looking for a full-time Audio Lead to bring Astroneer to life by creating a soundscape that can engage players, drive storytelling, and create emotion. The ideal candidate has a robust background in audio that can lead and grow System Era’s audio department.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will work to establish a strong audio vision and direction that supports the Astroneer franchise and any future titles. As part of our team, you’ll contribute and support the studio’s artistic vision by creating sonically rich content that supports in-game and linear media. In this role, you’ll push the industry quality bar, while also able to balance the creative and technical requirements of a project. Dialogue, Foley, and field recording experience are a plus.
This is a full-time role based in Seattle, WA. Compensation includes salary, benefits including full medical and dental coverage, 401k, and may include relocation assistance. We look for candidates who value joining a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Create and manage a high-quality soundscape for a project.
- Successfully manage dialogue recording pipeline.
- Ensure the game is optimized and working within platform limitations.
- Foster and grow creative sound design talent.
- Scoping and planning audio needs for a project.
- 7+ years of professional sound design experience.
- Shipped 2+ games in a senior audio role.
- Expert working knowledge of game audio middleware.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with development using Unreal Engine.
- Expertise with Wwise.
- Experience managing external talent and outsourcing.
- Musical composition experience.
- VO recording, editing, and mastering experience.