This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
Sharkmob London is a new AAA studio in the heart of London working on an ambitious & completely new online multiplayer projects. Our studio was founded on the pillars of having fun, taking ownership, collaborating and making smart decisions. We’re looking for people who have a positive attitude, are passionate & value professionalism.
The Sharkmob London Audio Department is seeking a Lead Sound Designer who is passionate and dedicated to excellence in audio.
You will work closely with the Audio Director to help establish and uphold the Sound Design Pillars of projects and take ownership of the project sound design.
As a project Audio Lead, you understand the full game development pipeline. You will manage and empower sound designers, aid in mentorship and career development, uphold asset quality, communicate and collaborate cross-discipline, work with production for planning and scoping.
As a highly skilled Sound Designer, you will design high quality assets and lead by example, work with Technical Designers and Gameplay Engineers on implementation and creative systems, demonstrate and share technique, organize and encourage field and foley recording, give and solicit feedback, be a stakeholder in project mix.
- Lead, mentor, and manage sound designers on various projects
- Create high-quality sound effects
- Uphold project sound design pillars
- Author and implement Sound Effects, Music and Dialogue in Wwise and Unreal Engine.
- Create, Communicate and Maintain Audio Technical Design documentation
- Work with producers, directors, leads and team members to facilitate audio needs.
- Collaborate with Audio Programmers on system design, creative runtime effects, and implementation methods
- Collaborate with Directors on project mix and mastering
- Field and Foley recording sessions
- Collaborate with disciplines outside of audio
- Exceptional creative sound design skills
- Experience in a position of leadership with direct reports
- 5+ years AAA experience in game development
- Shipped a minimum of 4 titles (including at least 2 Full Cycles)
- Shipped a minimum of 1 title in a Senior or Lead Position
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience with location and in-studio sound effects recording.
- Expert knowledge of WWISE Audio Middleware and Unreal Engine.
- Expert knowledge in Reaper and Audio plugins.
- Proactive and a creative problem solver.
- Organized and detailed.
- Passionate, humble, eager to teach, learn, and advance the craft for the project, yourself, and your team.
- An understanding or experience with expanded spatial formats such as Ambisonics and Dolby Atmos
- Experience with UE5 and Blueprints
- Experience in post-production or linear cinematic sound design
- Passionate about RPG genre
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions and last but not least – having fun!
Remuneration and benefits
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers)