inXile entertainment is an Xbox Game Studio led by Brian Fargo. We specialize in deep, reactive, and narrative-focused RPGs, but also love exploring other genres. Our studio is filled with passionate developers who love making games, and playing them.
inXile Entertainment is looking for a talented, motivated, and experienced Audio Lead for our next-generation RPG. Working directly with the Game Director and other project stakeholders, the ideal candidate will have proven technical skill in creating pro-level sound effects, coupled with deep experience in designing and implementing immersive audio soundscapes in games. This is a rare opportunity and create a unique soundscape for an exciting new game universe, while collaborating with some of the industry’s most well-known gamemakers and storytellers.
- Design, create and implement AAA quality sound effects
- Design, prototype and, document audio features as required by the project, working with other discipline leaders to implement them
- Define audio tools and workflow pipelines to support designed features – including those for sound effects, VO, and music.
- Be the champion for the Audio Team, managing and directing both internal and external team members in creating high-quality assets
- Work closely with Game Director and other project stakeholders to reach and exceed project goals
- Create and mix audio for other project initiatives – such as cutscenes and marketing videos
- At least 5+ years of experience in game audio, including one shipped title in a lead role
- Expertise in hardware and software required to create pro-level sound effects
- Knowledge of audio processes and pipelines required to develop AAA games
- Experience using Unreal, Wwise and other industry-standard software platforms
- Proven communication, organization and management skills
- Passion for role playing games and interactive storytelling
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in an audio related field
- Experience working on open world games with emergent audio features and systems