This job might no longer be available.
Audio Engineer - C++ (Respawn)
11 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends , Titanfall , Titanfall 2 , Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond . Join us for the oppor tunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
- Analyze sound playback and understand our audio content, working very closely with our talented audio creators to improve fidelity and track down issues.
- Understand and improve gameplay and simulation code, as well as script which triggers audio events.
- Create, optimize, and maintain systems that manage important sound cues and enhance the audible representation of in-game events.
- Understand and improve network code that efficiently conveys sounds from the game simulation to the player.
- Work with QA to support and plan testing of sound.
- Be available to designers and scripters to answer questions about integrating audio into game features.
- Create and maintain systems for telemetry and audio debugging.
- Work on other parts of code as needed.
Strong C and C++ skills. Strong code comprehension and debugging skills on a large codebase.
Enthusiastic about making Apex Legends sound as good as possible.
Familiar with Audio concepts: DSP, FFT, Filters, Decibels, Sampling, Data streaming, etc.
Understanding of CPU architecture and performance tradeoffs when managing audio data.
Interest in working on a diverse set of audio-related and some non-audio-related tasks.
Nice to Have
Enthusiastic about Apex Legends.
Prior Experience working as an Audio Engineer on a AAA shipped title.
Experience integrating audio middleware (Miles Sound System in particular or others, including Wwise) and/or writing native sound playback code.
Live Game Experience
CS Degree Preferred