8 days ago
As the Audio Director at Ubi Québec, you will ensure the quality of the audio content and its integration as a gameplay element. You will also supervise audio production and make certain that it is in keeping with the game vision.
What you'll do :
- Establish and document the technical and artistic audio charter based on the creative direction (reference films, games by competitors, design documents);
- Communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed;
- Help select the project engine to ensure that audio needs are considered by assessing existing engines, contributing to the design of the new engine (if applicable) and testing the final engine choice;
- Identify technical audio needs for the project and communicate them to the technical architect and Dare team (technology group);
- Set out the musical direction and the process to select composers, in collaboration with the creative director and sound studio;
- Design and implement audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with programmers and technical directors to ensure proper integration;
- Determine project resource needs and set out the budget for the audio group with the producer/associate producer and follow up on the reassignments with the reassignment team, ensuring that employees are integrated with the project HR;
- Ensure that best work practices are implemented and optimized within the team to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data;
- Supervise the work of the audio team from the artistic and technical perspectives by providing individual feedback and/or organizing group audio reviews to ensure that the team’s work meets quality standard and remains in line with the audio vision;
- Coach team members to foster their artistic and technical development so that they progress in their careers;
- Communicate and share knowledge and experiences with other directors (audio, sound studio, Dare team – technology group) to ensure the effectiveness of the audio community and its evolution within the group, in collaboration with the audio trade director;
- Coordinate specific audio recording sessions to meet project needs, in collaboration with the sound studio;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
·What you bring :
- College or Bachelor’s degree in music or audio or professional training in audio;
- Computer science training an asset.
- At least eight years’ experience in audio production for video games;
- Delivery of over three AAA games as part of a production team (mandatory);
- Film or TV postproduction experience an asset.
- Ability to communicate a vision;
- Good communication skills;
- Organization skills;
- Ability to influence others;
- Excellent sense of esthetics;
- Ability to provide constructive feedback;
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software;
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Pro Tools, Sound forge, MIDI);
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer;
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment and the research process;
- Knowledge of the audio engines available on the market an asset.
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A portfolio of your best 3D work – especially the transition of a 2D design into a 3D character! Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.